Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The scariest thing

Just heard the scariest thing I’ve heard in a long time: the scream of a woman being beaten up by her drunken husband. The scream was chilling to the bones, for chrissakes…I dare not wonder what was going on behind those closed doors, but I'm pretty sure it couldn’t have been very pretty. The very thought of the scream still sends a shiver down my spine…the scream was so scary that I actually broke off the conversation, and ran away from the place…people out there, tell me I can help them. Though (obviously) they don’t admit it, I'm sure the family would gladly take any sort of remedial action against the crazy husband…is it within my rights to approach an NGO and ask them to intervene?

2 comments:

Nabeel said...

tsk tsk .. sad !

Andalite said...

i know this dude who actually justifies the whole thing by saying "men do not know what they are doing when they are angry"