Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Jupiter Cafe

Here’s something which was published in The Hindu a few days ago, which made me feel very good…I dunno about how you would feel…
According to a study done by the United Kingdom Rail Union, Aslef, more and more professionals are quitting their professions to become…hold your breaths… train drivers! These professionals, from fields like teaching, journalism, science, and so on, earn their living by driving trains. No, they did not suck at their jobs…when asked, they’ll probably mumble something about the pay being really good, and that they don’t have to worry about their job once their shift is over. But what seems to be the actual reason behind this migration, is a completion of, what is for many, a childhood ambition…to be an engine driver. A dream which seems to be ingrained in British kids from the time I knew them, which is the first time I picked up an Enid Blyton book…

Oh, how I would love to return to a life, uncomplicated and uncluttered! No Portals of Hell to blast my brains out, no cheap bastards to scramble ‘em, and no desires to run away with my girl to garnish my scrambled brains with Betel juice and fenugreek…

After much deliberation, (read as, “after being beaten up by a number of people”) I have come to the conclusion that my attempts at writing poetry (to read the only resemblance to poetry on this blog, click here…and maybe here) SUCK, so now I rely on other people’s poetry to bring out my thoughts. Presenting the lyrics of Jupiter Café, by Thermal and a Quarter, a Bangalore based band.
To take you back to another time…a time where reality was overwritten by a make believe world.

Must have heard the story,
Of Jack and the Beanstalk
Seeds of his destiny,
In exchange of livestock.

We climbed it up,
Yes everyday,
With the treasure ran away.
And we never left
Jupiter Café

It was more than just a ginger bread house
You could go away, but never leave
Reality crumbled like a cookie,
Left its pieces at the door
We flew to Betelgeuse everyday
Not bothered about the hell to pay
And we never left
Jupiter Café

Flying around the solar system
Spinnin’ moons just roll on by
Not for the world
We would miss them
After all, it just the mind’s eye

Would you come in with me today
Can’t promise more than what I say
You may never want to leave,
Jupiter Cafe

2 comments:

Axiomate said...

Ready with the new blog..
axiohaze.blogspot....
now you may edit your blog listing

thanks
rahul.

Anonymous said...

smebourse
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/growth-problems]growth problems[/url]
BrettyBorgono