Thursday, February 16, 2006

a friend of mine...

Today, I shall write about a person who came into my life some time ago…though I never noticed him.

The English language is woefully inadequate to describe this chap…words like friendly, perverted, loyal, and all those sort of words describe only stereotypes, but not my friend…so, I’ll skip the adjective part, and move on to the next part…the flashback.

Never liked this chap in the beginning…he seemed to be too shallow, too cheap, to be befriended…I remember, on my first day with my girl, you passed us, and I said to her…”I never liked this guy…he seems to weird for comfort”, and she agreed with me…maybe you were in a depression at the time…maybe it was that you couldn’t be bothered to shave everyday, and that you don’t look good with a stubble…whatever the reason, but I still didn’t like you…

But then, my girl got to know you better…after all, you had a common piece of history: DPS, your previous school, which started a friendship…a comment someone else made about how my girl puts her arm over you even when in front of me made her say, “he is like a brother to me”…and today, I will join her in saying that…though lets make one thing very clear, my brother…you are not running off with my girl...we’re gonna run off some time in the (near or distant, one of the two) future, and maybe you could join us…but dare you take her away from me, coz I love her.

You words to me in the bus were, “kuttiya ka khayal rakhna”…are, tu bilkul phikar mat kar, uska main bahut accha khayal rakhoonga…tu apna khayal rakhna, mere dost, aur kabhi hamare ghar aana…kya kehta hai?

Tumhara bhai,

anees

7 comments:

Axiomate said...

Well... I guess I know this brother of yours.

Prax said...

Thank you Anees, that was very benevolent, though I'm still wonderin' if I deserved all this.

kuttiya ka khayal rakhna”…are, tu bilkul phikar mat kar, uska main bahut accha khayal rakhoonga…tu apna khayal rakhna, mere dost, aur kabhi hamare ghar aana…kya kehta hai?

Tumhara bhai,

anees


yes bhai, you got it! Before I leave B'lore. Lemme know if you want me to bring balle too, he he.

shraddha said...

i am all tears..

Axiomate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
completebhejafry said...

hey rahul....guess you got the wrong end of the story altogether...im not at all worried about my girl and some other guy...wat i say in the post is wat in my mind

shraddha said...

NF YOU'VE GOT IT TOATALLY WRONG.. IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN TO DO WITH ME BEING TRUTHFUL OR ANY OF THAT CRAP, PLEASE DO READ THE POST AGAIN..FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE

Axiomate said...

Blogger has enabled to remove comments as per one's will and that exactly what I did to avoid future comments on the same post.

Sionara