Saturday, February 11, 2006

a few random thoughts

A few random thoughts, ideas, observations (all my own work):

Like realizing that sitting in the same room as Swati and Sandeep (the other couple at The Portals of Hell, apart from yours truly, and my girl) involves shutting down all aural senses, forgetting all civically- and socially-minded leanings, and hearing lines on the general idea of “Don’t touch me, you freak” with complete nonchalance.

Like realizing that two and two doesn’t always make four, atleast not always in my world…instead, it makes anything you want it to make…the idea behind that thought I shall not be idiot enough to spell out, and end up losing all the charm.

Like having the feeling that your just an actor in a film, which has no editor, director, producer, or even screenplay writer (viewers of Hindi films will also add this) or a music director…it’s a strange movie your acting in…one where there are sudden inversion of roles, change in star cast, locale, budget, and whatever else…but it’s a film you’ll act all your life in, with no interval for a leak and a bag of popcorn. A movie with no fast forward button, and no decided ending…I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!

Like Sachin has the tag of “weirdest film acted in by cricketer, where (invisible) critics mushroom up at the slightest hint of a drought in runs, and mushroom down (hope no-one criticizes me for that invented phrase) on his mushrooming up with a century.

Like having the feeling that god’s on vacation…he’s tired after making all the fucken wierdos of the world…the exhibitionists, the masochists, the male chauvinist pigs, the perverts, the whole nine yards… and after all that, he made me, to see how long I can take it in their midst, and went off for an all expenses paid trip to sunny Hawaii for two weeks…which would have ended, had he been human, but since he isn’t, he can happily brag about making the world in seven days…have you ever noticed the tiny asterisk next to the line “God made the World in seven Days”? And the tinier “Conditions Apply” at the bottom of the page? Yep, the Bible is where the ad-guys learnt it all…

And for a final thought: for some brilliant fiction, look no further than the short stories of Roald Dahl…an inimitable style, which defies all theories of story-telling, including the one about having something close to a believable story…for starters, take “Lamb to the Slaughter”…an simply told story of the devoted wife, who is suddenly shocked by her police detective husband telling her that he is going to leave her for another woman…the wife surprises herself, and the husband too, by smashing a frozen leg of lamb on his head, and kills him… I wont say more, so go and read the story…

Yours truly

4 comments:

Axiomate said...

Hey bhejafry,

I have read this book when I was in the 8th,I guess.My english teacher asked me to read as a part of the Library week when I was in the gulf.

Isnt this the same book where she serves the same lamb cooked to a cop who comes home for investigation regarding the murder case.The same story where the cop finally gives up the case and sometime later she herself reveals it to him that its the same lamb he ate long back fer dinner?

Roald Dahl books are worth reading and it was my wonderful english teacher in my 8th who asked me to read a few of his books...I have even read 'Charlie and the Chocolate factory' and '...glass elevator'.

Read them long back,dont remember the story exactly.
so is graduation day function going to rock?Expecting a wonderful evening

I think its time I get back to my books...

Bonjour
Rahul.

(guess this comment was long enough fer a post itself!)

completebhejafry said...

yeh, too damn right, my friend...and shraddha, if u wanna tell prashant something, mail him...or better still, call him.........dont use my blog...ur ever loving buddy, anees

shraddha said...

sorry anees

Anonymous said...

Hi, good post. I have been pondering this topic,so thanks for sharing. I’ll likely be coming back to your posts. Keep up the good work